Salary: DOEHours: First Shift
This is a physically-demanding, hands-on food processing position which oversees technology and processes utilized in our fast-paced manufacturing facility to ensure timely, accurate, and consistent production and delivery of our product(s). A large percentage of time spent on the production floor setting up, operating, and troubleshooting complex machinery; interacting with shop floor employees; and moving materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Plant Manager to provide support and guidance where needed related to production, staffing, scheduling, etc.
- Collaborate with the team on strategic future manufacturing issues and needs.
- Co-Manage kitchen and assigned Food Safety and HACCP responsibilities
- Lead hourly employees – Assisting employees in team development and reaching established goals
- Responsible to help ensure Piedmont Candy Company maintains the high standards set forth by our food safety certification body as they pertain to Food Safety, Legality, and Quality.
- Maintain positive working relationships with department heads to accomplish goals
- Keeps the department clean and organized to maximize efficiency
- General troubleshooting of equipment (no major maintenance repair)
- Complete and provide daily reports as required to Operations Manager
- Handle daily department opening and/or closing procedures
- Oversee weekly department cleaning and preventive maintenance activities
- Responsible for inventory accuracy and control
- Execute hourly QC procedures to ensure equipment is weighing accurately, critical control points are responding appropriately, and product is fit for sale
- Create SOPs as needed and make sure processes are accurate and followed
- Accountable for keeping all production lines running at optimal speeds and efficiency
- Minimize supply and labor cost where possible
- Recommend, purchase, and keep needed supplies on-hand
- Bi-lingual English & Spanish
- Prior Supervisory experience, preferably within a food/culinary environment.
- Process improvement experience
- Experience operating (i.e., setting up, fine-tuning, and trouble-shooting) large, complex equipment with computer interfaces
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to flexible first shift hours as needed
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work an average of 45-50 hours per week as needed
- Ability to lift up 100 pounds
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to become forklift certified
- Leadership experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience with confection manufacturing a plus
- Forklift driving experience
- Prior experience with batch processing, packaging, and wrapping equipment
- Prior experience with Food Safety and HACCP experience
Must be able to pass a satisfactory background and drug test.
Competitive pay and benefits.
Piedmont Candy Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Piedmont Candy Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.